Saturday, April 4, 2020

When staying at home is not usual


Don’t get me wrong.  This does not mean that I don’t stay at home.  It’s just that this time, it’s unusual.



I’ve been working for almost 28 years already. On weekdays I go to work, but on weekends I stay at home.  Hence, I just stayed at home for two (2) days in a week because the remaining five (5) days are spent at work.



That being the case, I can say that in my last 28 years, I spent most of my time at work and less at home.  But since the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and it became pandemic, this makes staying home unusual.



Due to this COVID-19 crisis, the President of the Philippines placed the entire Luzon under the Enhanced Community Quarantine to avoid spreading the virus through strict social distancing and later, declaration that the entire country is under the state of calamity ensued.



The Enhanced Community Quarantine alone in Luzon affects the regular work schedule of employees, who are required to stay more time at home.  Majority of the companies are enjoined to implement alternative work arrangements such as work from home, compressed work week, require their employees to take their leave of absence and the worst, some companies are forced to temporarily shut down.



Working at an institution that provides one of the basic services, our company has an important role in this quarantine period so the management chose to implement a 3-day work in a week scheme. This is why I’m staying longer at home, which for me is something unusual because this changes my daily routine.



For staying at home, I have sufficient time to cook the family’s complete meals for the day during my rest days and my house cleaning becomes regular too.  My remaining hours are spent in doing other house chores. Truly, you will never run out of things to do at home.



I came to a realization that though working in the office is tiring that is why I feel drained every time I came home from work, but it is more exhausting at home because there are lots of things to do.  Maybe it’s unusual but, it feels good!  Now, I feel at home in my own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVING THE WRONG PERSON QUOTES #Shorts